How was your CHRISTmas family time? Amazing I hope! As you may have noticed I was no where to be found on the internet! I just didn’t have a peace about spending time with my face in front of a computer when there were so many faces available to be spending time with right here in my own home and those we visited.
Take no offense please – my time spent connecting with you is presh – but sometimes ya just gotta Be The Mom! I hope you have come to respect that part of who I am! And I pray you have searched your own daily habits to see if there are times you should be with your faces, instead of your computer screen!
WOW – have I had an insane month!
- Welcomed my girl home from her semester abroad in Ireland! Yay! How did she grow up so fast! (Watch out mom, it’s coming and you don’t even realize it!)
- Flew to Denver to tape 20 podcasts…more to come on that in the coming days!
- Went through a surgery with my son – dirt bike wreck, badly broken collar bone and wrist, he’s mending!
- Many CHRISTmas celebrations at FamilyLife and with friends!
- Meetings with the “new guy” at FamilyLife who is BRILLIANT – so looking forward to working with him, what an amazing blessing.
- A drive to Kentucky to be with all the family and enjoy CHRISTmas, including a good old fashioned hayride into the fields to chop down a CHRISTmas tree, head back to mom and dad’s house and make decorations and doll up said CHRISTmas tree! (Lot’s of eatin all around! Nom, nom!)
- CHRISTmas Eve with hubby’s family on Jeff’s thoroughbred horse farm – those horses get dirty in the winter, stark comparison to their pristine appearance on race days!
- LONG drive home Dec. 26th and arrived to power outage that lasted for six days! Yes, six days without power in 20 degree weather! Our family room, which has a fireplace, turned into mattress land and we entertained large numbers of teens, played lots of apples to apples, four on a couch, the name game and fishbowl. The time flew…yet we shivered. I think no electricity was actually a big plus! (Note to future home builders, wooden floors + no electricity = frozen toes!)
Our electricity outage has led to a profound mind shift for me…well, that and the near flood a couple of years ago, my daughter going off to college and our trip to Rwanda. Each year God has hinted, suggested, convicted and I put it off and put it off.
What’s with all the stuff?
Time for a major clean sweep in the Eyster home. I may vlog the whole ugly mess – just to be completely transparent.
What do you think? Yes or no on the vlog?
Before I sign off, I just wanted to suggest you go read something I wrote, cause I am guessing you haven’t seen it, cause I hope on CHRISTmas day you were WAY to occupied to read blog posts!
On CHRISTmas Day I had the honor of guest posting for the 12 Pearls of Christmas series over at LitFuse Publicity Group.
As you will see I was pondering a very intriguing question … I think I need to expand on that post actually. Join me in praying that God would give me the words to expand on what He initially gave me.
I realize CHRISTmas 2012 has passed, but the truth to the message in my post has not – I hope you will hop over to LitFuse Publicity to read my post – Does It Even Matter?
Looking forward to a “Fear God not man” 2013!!! More on that thought to come!
Largenormous Hugs to you! If you have fun memories of CHRISTmas or December to share I would enjoy hearing about them!
Leave a Reply